Tuesday, June 9, 2009

ALOO POSTO ( KHASKHAS / POPPY SEEDS )
A typical Bengali Dish



INGREDIENTS

Potatoes : 3 large pieces (sliced into medium pieces)
Turmeric powder : 1/2 tsp
Salt : 1/2 tsp
White poppy seeds : 1/2 cup
Green Chilly : 6 pieces
Black cumin seed : 1/4 tsp


PREPARATION

Boil the potatoes in pressure cooker
• Cut the potatoes in small pieces
• Put the poppy seeds and green chilly in a grinder and make a smooth paste
• Heat 3 tsp of oil in a pan
• Put black cumin seeds and 2 green chilly and wait for few seconds and allow to sizzle
• Pour the potatoes and fry it for 5 minutes
• Add turmeric powder and salt
• Stir it well for 5 minutes
• Pour the paste of poppy seeds and green chilly paste
• Stir it well so that potatoes gets covered with the paste properly
• Add half cup of water and cover the pan for 2-3 minutes
• Remove the cover of the pan and then stir it well
• Garnish with green chillies
• Serve it hot with plain rice and mung dal

8 comments:

  1. यकीनन आप एक दिलचस्प लड़की हैं .
    आपकामेरे ब्लॉग तक आना खुशकिस्मती है
    आपके हाथों से बना भोजन तो नसीब में नहीं
    लेकिन इतने लजीज व्यंजन देखकर मन
    खुश हो गया .आपका
    व्यक्तित्व मोहक है और आपकी पसंद सादगी
    और विचार से लगता नहीं आप queensland
    जैसी जगह पे रहती है

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey lovely food blog. I am a person that hardy ever cooks but loves recipes all the same:)

    & thanks for your comments on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious -please tell some tanduri potato preperation !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for visiting my blog. I have cooked Alu posto numerous times, but I have never tried it with bay leaves. Must do that next time.

    Also I found your other blog very "unique and interesting".

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Jey Randhe Se Chul o Bandhe" the lady who writes so well can cook also so nice. May I be permitted to make a little modification. If you may omit giving Bay leaf( i think Tez patta)the natural flavour of Posto may be better. However it depends on personal liking. Some time if the Posto is too old then that bad odour may be needed to supress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for accepting me as a follower. I am enjoying your blogs. Please read my stories too. I have to move a lot and in very remote places where computer or internet connections are not available. So my blogs are not very regular.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are trying this tonight. You know we come to your blog while cooking something new.

    Hope my wife would be able to eat it :P I'm cooking naa... hehehehe...

    ReplyDelete